How to create an auto-nurture Workflow in Clinch Talent
In Clinch Talent, a Workflow is a series of automated actions triggered when a candidate completes a call-to-action. An 'auto-nurture Workflow,' then, is the name given to a Workflow set-up specifically to nudge candidates who have started an application but not yet completed it, with a view to progressing them through the funnel.
This Workflow is fully customizable, and you can choose whether to have your Workflow triggered by any/all candidate(s) who complete a particular call-to-action, or, by those candidates who complete that call-to-action AND meet additional criteria.
To create an auto-nurture Workflow in Clinch Talent, simply follow these steps:
1. In the top or left menu, go to Web Pages > Careers Website. Click on the campaign name hyperlink alongside 'Web Campaign.'
2. Scroll to find the Workflow column on the right side of the screen and click the "+" button to create a new Workflow.
3. You can choose to give your workflow a name. If you don't, it will default to the name of the featured CTA.
4. From the "What should trigger this Workflow?" dropdown, select Call-to-Action. Another field will appear, inviting you to "Choose the Call-to-Action." In the use-case of the auto-nurture workflow, choose "Apply URL" from the dropdown.
N.B. If you would like to run the auto-nurture workflow for a specific subset of jobs only, you can do so by entering the relevant Jobs Criteria. The example below shows how to create an auto-nurture workflow for marketing jobs only. You will find a guide to structuring jobs criteria here.
5. You will now start to build out your workflow by adding steps. Click the "+" button to add your first step.
6. Select "Delay" from the dropdown and choose the period of time you wish the system to wait for before sending the first "nudge" email encouraging candidates who have yet to complete their application to do so. We suggest a minimum delay of one day.
7. After hitting Save, you will be returned to the Workflow screen where you will see your first step, the delay, in place. Click the "+" button below this step to add the "If/else branch" that will allow you to automate different actions depending on whether the condition you specifiy evaluates to true or false.
8. Choose "if/else branch" from the dropdown and set the Workflow step condition to "Job application status" "has ever been equal to" "Completed." Hit Save to return to the Workflow screen.
9. Click the "+" button on the green or right-side branch to specify what should happen when the condition is true, i.e. the candidate's job application status HAS ever been equal to "Completed."
10. In this workflow step, you will specificy that a particular email is sent to the candidate from a specific team member. In this instance, we're acknowledging that the candidate has completed their application. This action will complete that branch.
For more information on creating emails in Clinch Talent, click here.
11. Hit Save and return to the Workflow screen. This time, click on the red or left-side branch to specify what should happen when the condition is false, i.e. the candidate's job application status has NOT ever been equal to "Completed."
12. Follow the steps outlined in step no. 10, however, this time, choose an email that reminds the candidate that they have not completed their application and encourages them to do so. Hit save to return to the Workflow screen. Your auto-nurture Workflow should now look like this:
13. Click on the plus button below the "Nudge candidate" email step and repeat steps 8 through 11.
14. On the Workflow Step screen, select "Delay" from the dropdown. At this stage, we suggest waiting a minimum of three days before delivering the next "Nudge" email to your candidate. Select a delay and hit Save.
The latter half of your Workflow should now look like this:
15. Click the "+" button below the latest delay step and on the screen that follows, select "Email" from the first dropdown, titled "What kind of workflow step would you like?" When choosing your email, remember that this is the candidate's second "nudge" to complete their application. (For more information on creating emails in Clinch Talent, click here.)
Make your selections accordingly, and hit save.
Your auto-nurture Workflow should now look like this:
16. Repeat steps 13 through 15 as many times as you feel is effective in getting candidates over the line. We recommend a maximum of three nudge emails, sent over a period of two weeks starting when the candidate fills out an Apply URL at intervals of 1 day later, 3 days later, and 7 days later.
To view analytics on your Workflow's performance, go to Reports > Workflow in the top or left menu. Then, choose your date range, and click on the relevant Workflow name.