How to set up an ATS status change Workflow in Clinch Talent
In Clinch Talent, a Workflow is a series of automated actions triggered when a candidate completes a call-to-action. An 'ATS Workflow,' then, is the name given to a Workflow set-up specifically to perform an action when a candidate’s ATS status changes.
This Workflow is fully customizable, and you can choose whether to have your Workflow triggered by any/all candidate(s) who complete a particular call-to-action, or, by those candidates who complete that call-to-action AND meet additional criteria.
To create an ATS Workflow in Clinch Talent, simply follow these steps:
1. In the top or left menu, go to Web Pages > Careers Website. Click on the campaign name hyperlink alongside 'Web Campaign.'
2. Scroll to find the Workflow column on the right side of the screen and click the "+" button to create a new Workflow.
3. Give your workflow a name. If you don't, it will default to ‘ATS state change.’
4. From the "What should trigger this Workflow?" dropdown, select ‘ATS state change.’ It’s most likely that you will want to run this workflow for all candidates, in which case, the selection for “When would you like to run this workflow?” is ‘Always.’
Hit SAVE to return to the Workflow screen.
N.B. If you would like to run the workflow for a subset of candidates only, you can do so by selecting “If the candidate matches the criteria below” in the “When would you like to run this workflow?” dropdown and adding filters to set your candidate search criteria.
5. You will now start to build out your workflow by adding steps. Click the "+" button to add your first step.
6. Select "If/else branch" from the dropdown and at the ‘Workflow step condition’ stage, choose ‘ATS status’ equal ‘Hired’ from the dropdown.
7. After hitting Save, you will be returned to the Workflow screen where you will see your first step, the If/else, in place.
8. Click the "+" button on the green or right-side branch to specify what should happen when the condition is true, i.e. the candidate's ATS status is equal to "Hired."
9. At this point, because your next automated action will be to send an email to the candidate – perhaps the first in what will become a drip-marketing campaign – we recommend you add in a delay (several hours to one day) to create a little bit of time between the candidate being marked as ‘Hired,’ and the email going out. To do so, add your delay details and hit SAVE.
10. Once you have returned to the Workflow screen, click the "+" button below the ‘Delay’ branch to add the step that should follow.
11. In this use case, what should follow is an email to those candidates who have progressed to ATS status, ‘Hired.’
For more information on creating emails in Clinch Talent, click here.
Make your email selections accordingly and hit SAVE.
When you have returned to the Workflow screen, you can build out your campaign by repeating steps 9 through 11 on the same ‘True’ branch, i.e. that which is marked green / that follows the "+".
This takes care of automating the communications strategy for those candidates who have progressed to status, ‘Hired,’ in the ATS.