How to create a new career site theme in Clinch Talent
In Clinch Talent, a theme determines the overall look and feel of your career site. It encompasses those elements that are central to your brand aesthetic such as colors and font, for example. When it comes to attracting and engaging candidates, first impressions count – which is why it's important that you take some time to get your theme right. Clinch Talent allows you to create themes to your own brand specifications, ensuring that your online visitors enjoy a cohesive and consistent brand experience – from your corporate site homepage right through to your career site and jobs pages.
In the left menu, go to Settings > Themes
Click on the green "+" button to create a new theme, OR, click on the pencil icon inline to edit an existing theme.
On the screen that follows:
Give your theme a name and indicate whether you are creating a theme for use with pages on your career site, OR, with email.
Choose an existing theme to use as the basis for your latest theme and hit SAVE.
Next, click on the 'COLOURS' tab.
- Using the individual drop downs, and paying attention to your brand guidelines, set the hex colour code for each of the following theme components:
- Text (including Header H1, Header H2, Header H3, Link and paragraph/body Text)
- Header / Footer (including Footer Background Color, Footer Foreground Color, Header Background Color, and Header Foreground Color)
Next, click on the 'FONTS' tab.
Here is where you will determine which fonts will appear on your career site and jobs pages.
For each font type –paragraph/Body, H1, H2 and H3– select your preferred font from the dropdown of Google fonts. N.B. Fonts can also be added through the css, using the import method.
Alternatively, the @font-face css rule can be used by uploading the font files to the 'Hosted Files' section.
- Custom css code can be added here.
Custom headers and footers can be added here:
- Header and menu html to be added under <!-- custom headers and menus →
- Footer HTML can be added under <!-- custom footer →
CSS styling can be added to the main CSS tab.
- Hosted files including logos and/or social media icons can be uploaded here. Note that the files must be zipped for upload.
Applying a theme to a page
There are two ways through which to add a theme to a page.
1. Outside the page editor:
- Go to Web Pages and click into the relevant campaign.
- Locate the page to which you wish to add the theme, click on the action button, and select 'Settings' from the dropdown.
2. Inside the page editor:
When in the page editor for the page in question, click on the Settings button in the top right corner and choose Settings from the dropdown.
Both options above will lead you to the screen seen below, and by default, to the 'Settings' tab. Click on the 'Appearance & behaviour' tab to select or change your page theme.
Select the appropriate theme from the dropdown and hit SAVE.