How to send an automated SMS text message in Clinch TalentSMS is fast becoming the go-to means of connecting with candidates in a busy, talent-driven world. Leveraging the Workflow feature in Clinch Talent, you can now send automated SMS text messages to candidates who complete a specific call-to-action or whose status is updated in the ATS.
Follow the steps below to get started.
How it Works
- In the left menu, click on Workflows.
- Click on the green "+" sign in the top right corner to add a new Workflow.
- Name your workflow and fill out the remaining fields as required. If you need help understanding the various components including 'Trigger,' 'Call-to-Action,' and/or 'Web Campaign,' please click here.
- When you save your Workflow, you will be redirected to the workflow screen. Next, you will need to add the step that instructs the workflow to send an SMS. Click on the "+" button, highlighted below, to do so.
On the screen that follows, make the relevant selections from the drop-downs. Please note the following in relation to 'Sender:'
- The candidate will see the SMS phone number that was allocated to the user at the time of SMS account activation. Where no individual user numbers were assigned, the general company number will be used.
- Once "SMS Alphanumeric Sender ID" is in place, any 11 character text will appear as the "From" -- e.g. the company name or recruiter's name.
- Candidate responses via SMS will appear in that candidate's CRM record as well as in the Shared Inbox. A notification will also be sent to the user to whom they are replying. This notification contains the full content of the candidate's response.
At this stage, it's important to ensure that you select the 'Chat Template Kind,' 'SMS,' as well as the correct template to ensure the correct message, in the correct format, is sent to the candidate.
For a step-by-step guide to creating a new chat template, please click here (pending.)
- Once you hit SAVE, you will be redirected to your Workflow screen with the new step in place.
The green dot alongside 'Workflow' indicates that your workflow is live, activated by anyone who completes the 'Register Interest' call-to-action. Workflows are live by default. To pause a workflow, return to the Workflows list screen (via the top navigation on the screen above, or the left hand menu) and click on the pause icon inline.
For more on SMS text messaging in Clinch Talent, please click here.