If you want to capture multiple candidate details into your Clinch Talent account, then Clinch Talent's "Kiosk Mode" is for you. Kiosk mode allows multiple people to use the same call-to-action on a public device, the field to be refreshed each time, and for individual candidate records to be created as a result. This scenario is perfect for recruitment events that require the use of a laptop or tablet device.
Clinch tracks candidate behaviour and uses that information to score candidates on their content interaction level, for example, and how engaged they are with your content. Because any interaction they have with your content before or after they fill out the kiosk mode page will be done via their own personal device, you will need to provide a 'bridge' that can connect the candidate’s activity on their personal device with the person who entered their details on the public device.
This is achieved by sending each candidate an email with a link –that includes a unique tracking ID– to another page built in Clinch. That can be an existing page, or a new one created solely for this purpose. It's good practice to create this email ahead of time, and have it send automatically as part of a Workflow. Click here for information on how to create the email with tracking ID.
Step 1: Creating a Page
First, you'll need to create a landing page on which candidates can enter their details via a call-to-action. N.B. This is simply a regular Clinch landing page. It's only when the page has been accessed on a device that has kiosk mode activated that the page becomes a "kiosk page."
Follow the steps outlined here to create your landing page in Clinch.
Step 2: Activating Kiosk Mode
To activate Kiosk Mode on your computer / iPad:
- In your browser search bar, navigate to the URL below, ensuring that you replace the section "<careers.your-company.com>" with your own career site domain:
EXAMPLE: In the case of ACME company activating kiosk mode, where their career site domain is "careers.acme.com," the URL they would enter is:
- If entered correctly, the URL will generate the page seen below:
- Click the "Turn on Kiosk Mode" button. Kiosk Mode is now activated
- Navigate to the Clinch Talent page you created previously, and you should see that Kiosk Mode has been activated - as in the screenshot below
- With your page in kiosk mode, you will now be able to accept multiple candidates' details, through one call to action
Note: Kiosk mode disables several kinds of tracking, including heatmaps
If you wish to use your computer or tablet as a normal, non-kiosk mode device again:
- Navigate to https://<careers.your-company.com>/kiosks, again remembering to replace the section "<careers.your-company.com>" with your own career site domain
- Click the "Turn off Kiosk Mode" button. Kiosk Mode is now deactivated.