How to create a Workflow in Clinch Talent
In Clinch Talent, a Workflow is a series of automated actions triggered when a candidate completes a call-to-action. By automating important steps in the "nurture" stage of the recruitment marketing process, Workflows in Clinch Talent allows for more effective, more efficient recruiting overall.
For example, when a candidate completes a call-to-action that asks them to register their interest in a recruitment event, you could create a workflow that automatically sends an email to that candidate acknowledging their registration.
You can choose whether to have your Workflow triggered by any/all candidate(s) who complete a particular call-to-action, or, by those candidates who complete that call-to-action AND meet additional criteria.
For a step-by-step guide on how to use an automated Workflow to encourage candidates to revisit and complete a job application, click here.
Follow the steps below to activate a Workflow in Clinch Talent now.
1. In the top or left menu, go to Web Pages and click to open the specific campaign for which you want to create a Workflow.
2. Scroll to find the Workflow column on the right side of the screen and click the "+" button to create a new Workflow.
3. You can choose to give your workflow a name. If you don't, it will default to the name of the featured CTA.
4. From the "What should trigger this Workflow?" dropdown, select Call-to-Action.
5. Choose the specific call-to-action that, when completed by a candidate, should trigger the Workflow.
6. In response to "When would you like to run this workflow?", you can choose from:
- If the candidate matches search criteria
If your Workflow is conditional — that is, triggered only by those candidates who complete the call-to-action AND who meet certain criteria — you will be asked to set the criteria in the builder that appears below.
For more information on using the query builder, please see our article on Advanced Search.
Next, build out your Workflow by adding steps. These are the actions that will occur automatically once a candidate completes the previously-selected call-to-action, and, where designated, matches with the pre-set criteria.
Click on the "+" button to add a Workflow step.
8. Using the explanations below as a guide, choose your Workflow step:
- Email – to send an email to the candidate or a team member
- SMS – to send an SMS to the candidate
- Add candidate to a list – to add candidate to a static list only
- Delay – to add a delay of days, hours, or minutes before the workflow action
- If/else branch – to automate different actions depending on whether a boolean condition evaluates to true or false. For example, "If job application status equal 'Started,'" then "Add candidate to a list."
If additional prompts appear, e.g. "How long will the workflow be delayed for?", make your selections accordingly.
9. Hit Save and review your Workflow on the screen that follows.
- To add more steps, click the "+" button.
N.B. Please note that new workflows are live by default. You can pause your workflow at any time by navigating to the relevant campaign screen, clicking on the action button in line with the specific workflow in the Workflows column, and selecting Pause.
Naming a workflow
If you created a workflow in your Clinch Talent account before September 5th, 2017, by default, it will have taken on the name of the CTA that triggered it. Now, you can choose to give your workflow a unique name at the time at which you create it, or, you can rename it at a later date.
To edit a workflow name, navigate to the relevant campaign and click on the action button beside the workflow in question. Select Edit.
On the screen that follows, click on the pencil icon in line with the workflow title.
Enter your preferred workflow name and hit Save.
In Clinch Talent, a Workflow belongs to the campaign in which it was created. It is triggered only when candidates interact with a call-to-action that's specific to that campaign