How to create and send an email in Clinch Talent
Building relationships with and nurturing candidates is an integral part of the recruitment marketing process. Clinch Talent enables more efficient nurturing, making it easy for you to email multiple candidates at once, while still maintaining that personal feel.
- Deliver personalized, on-brand emails to individual candidates or a list.
- Notify your candidates of recruiting events, relevant job opportunities, and more.
- Send them links to your Clinch Talent pages, and track their interaction with the emails you deliver.
- Send emails manually, or create a Workflow to trigger an automatic send.
To send a message to a list of candidates:
1. In the left menu, go to Emails.
2. On the screen that follows, select your email "type" from the dropdown.
- Email Campaign: intended for a one-time send to a candidate list
- Job Alert: informs candidates who have opted in that a job that matches their requirements has becomes available
- Workflow: an email to be saved for future and continuous use. A workflow email is sent automatically, triggered by a candidate completing a particular call-to-action
- Candidate conversation: an email sent to an individual candidate direct from that candidate's profile screen
Once you have made your selection, on the screen that follows, click the green "+" in the top right corner. If you selected Job Alerts or Workflow, on the screen that follows, click the green "+" in the top right corner to create a new message.
3. Name your email and select for what purpose your email will be used. Choose a theme. Please note that the themes you see have been filtered based on your email "type" selection. When you've made your selection, hit SAVE.
All email themes are customizable. Hover over the various content blocks (highlighted below) to make changes to your theme. You can also change your email layout by selecting a new theme from the dropdown in the top right, alongside the NEXT button, as shown below.
When you're happy with your email design, hit NEXT.
Fill out the field on the SETTINGS screen and proceed. (Please note that RECIPIENTS and SEND tabs are only visible when the email type is 'Email Campaign.' 'Job Alerts' and 'Workflow' emails do not require it as these are sent automatically to those candidates who have opted in or completed a specific action respectively. The 'Candidate Conversation' email is also excluded as the recipient of this is selected)
When type is 'Email campaign,' you will be prompted to select a candidate list on the RECIPIENTS screen.
At the PREVIEW stage, you will have the opportunity to review your email and make any edits to the information you entered in SETTINGS. To make any edits to the body of the email itself, click on the EDIT tab to return to the email editor.
At the PREVIEW stage, if the email you have created is the type, "Email Campaign," you will also have the ability to view the email "as" one of the recipients on your selected list.
It's good practice here to send out a test email. Click the SEND TEST EMAIL button and choose a recipient from the dropdown.
When you're happy that the email is rendering as it should be, hit NEXT and proceed to the SEND screen. Please note that this step is avilable to 'Email Campaigns' only; for all other emails, the PREVIEW screen is the final stage.
Your email will save automatically.